Σάββατο 6 Αυγούστου 2011

Toothache and penciling.

It's only ironic to have toothache when you study Dentistry. But fact is, I've had way too much chocolate in my life to get away with it. I only hope I don't have to redo any fillings or have any root canal treatments.

To the point..! I've been pencilling and pencilling. I won't hide the fact that I dislike perspective panels, but I still try my best... Oh, I also feel unconfident about drawing cars, but everything can be done with reference. Here's a little sample of what we want to end up with:
I like it. :)
Inks by Avgi Kanaki, thanks for collaborating!

Other than that, I am having a great time away from Athens. I go swimming and stuff. The sand here is dark, almost black, but the sea is great, and I get to keep working.
Have you ever seen quarz pebbles? They are beautiful, and the place is full of them.

I also got my schedule for this semester-it's 8 to 5 every. day. And I can't skip almost any of the classes, so... I feel like I can give up as soon as university starts again. Last year has been stressful enough, attending two universities at once, and I don't know if I have any strength or willpower left to keep up with everything.

Till next time,
K.

2 σχόλια:

  1. hey crazy hey crazy comic artist! i've checked all around your blog and i havw to admit i LOVE your drawings! well, i know.you don't know.me thet well but i would like to ask for a big.favour. woul you mind drawing a scetch for.me? i could send you a photo or describe you the.character i want you to draw.

    also could you tell.me what programme you use to digitally draw the.scetches?

    hope you reply

    kony

    P.S. Good luck with the toothacke!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Hi Kon!
    Thank you very much for liking my drawings ^^
    I am afraid I can't do any drawing commisions, as I am busy with a personal project and studying for upcoming exams...
    But I can tell you that I use Photoshop CS5 for colouring and retouche! A lighter programme you could also try is Sai Paint Tool, which is really good as well. A much heavier programme is Painter, by Corell, and it fully simulates traditional media.
    Plus, working/colouring on the computer is much easier with a tablet.

    Good luck with your character, sorry I can't help you!

    PS:Toothache's gone! ^^

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή